Saturday 25 April 2009

Avon Calling.....


Small World cologne bottle, 2 fl oz. By Avon Products Pty. Limited, Sydney.

We found this cool little islander girl bottle while on our honeymoon, 7 years ago to the day, at a little thrift store somewhere near Grafton on the New South Wales far north coast. I couldn't remember where we acquired it until Alison soon reminded me of how some "dimwit" locked the keys in the car! It was Anzac Day and I was desperately trying to break into our car on the main street armed with a coat-hanger,(supplied by the nice lady at the thrift store), as the tiny town held it's Anzac march!

It is made of glass, the zebra style pattern is screen printed, the pink lai around her neck is a vinyl cut-out and her head looks to be formed from vinyl too. Judging by the font on the label on the bottom I think it's late 60's/early 70's. From memory we only paid a few dollars for it.

...so I just thought to jump on google and do some research and low and behold...check this! Turns out she's an African Girl, but I wasn't too far off the era though.

btw. Alison is very jealous of Snagg's collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment